About Paper Weight Editing, LLC
Paper Weight Editing was founded on a simple but powerful idea: the words we put on paper can—and should—have weight. Words teach us, challenge us, and refine us. When the right words and a worthy cause come together, great things happen.
Paper Weight Editing is a freelance editing business dedicated to serving publishers of nonfiction. Whether you publish books, magazines, or shorter content like pamphlets and greeting cards, Paper Weight Editing can provide the editorial excellence you need to make a difference in your readers’ lives. Together, we can spark positive change through words.
To see what Paper Weight Editing can offer you, please examine my Editorial Portfolio.
About Nichole Kraft
I’m Nichole Kraft, and I believe words matter. Words can change the world. Words have weight.
When you choose a freelance editor, choose one who is a solid supporter of your message. If you publish on topics like animal welfare, plant-based nutrition and cooking, faith and religion, environmental responsibility, personal growth, or similar subjects, I can help your projects reach new heights of clarity, accuracy, and expression. I can do so because I practice and advocate for these things. Nonfiction with a message isn’t just my specialty—it’s my passion.
Review my qualifications below and you’ll see I’m prepared to help you advance a cause important to both of us: making the world a better place through nonfiction.
• BA in communication with emphasis in journalism from Union College, Lincoln, Nebraska
• Specialized certificate in copyediting from the University of California, San Diego Extension
• Familiarity with a number of style guides, including The Chicago Manual of Style, The Associated Press Stylebook, The Recipe Writer’s Handbook, MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing, Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, and The Christian Writer’s Manual of Style
• Memberships with the Editorial Freelancers Association, Christian Proofreaders and Editors Network, Independent Book Publishers Association, Midwest Independent Publishing Association, and Society of Adventist Communicators
• Recipe testing and editing experience
Your projects should carry the full weight of your publishing house’s message. As a freelance copyeditor, I’m prepared to use my training to your advantage, delivering consistent, high-quality work in a timely manner. Contact me to discuss your needs, or review my Editorial Portfolio.